Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Police probe into unexplained death

Published

on

POLICE are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of Lorraine Price, aged 46, from Brecon.

Officers were called to an address in Talbot Terrace on Sunday, November 17, where the 46-year-old was found deceased.

The death is being treated as unexplained and a team of officers are carrying out enquiries to establish the circumstances.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Jones said: “We are not looking for anyone in connection with Lorraine’s death, but we are nevertheless trying to piece together what has happened over the past few days.

“We are asking anyone who saw Lorraine between the morning of Thursday, November 14 and the evening of Sunday, November 17 to please contact us, as any information you have could help the investigation.

“We would like to pass our sincere condolences to Lorraine’s family for their tragic loss.”

People living in the area might be aware of a higher than usual police presence while enquiries take place.

Anyone with information that could help police with the investigation is urged to contact CID at Brecon Police Station.

You can report information online at: http://bit.ly/dppReportOnline, by email at: contactcentre@dyfed-powys.pnn.police.uk or by calling 101.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908.

Please quote reference DP-20191117-278.

News

Abergwili: Police investigate death of couple in property on High Street

Published

on

DYFED-POWYS POLICE is investigating the sudden death of a man and a woman who died in a property at High Street, Abergwili, Carmarthen.

A spokesman said: “Police were called to the address shortly after 6pm on Thursday, 26 March 2020. Officers are currently investigating the circumstances of the deaths, which are being treated as unexplained.

“They are not being linked to COVID-19 at this time.

“Next of kin and HM Coroner are aware.”

The family said: “It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of John David Bound and Gwendoline Christine Bound.

“The family wish for their privacy to be respected in their time of grief.”

Continue Reading

News

Carers needed to start work immediately

Published

on

The council is urgently recruiting carers to help support older and vulnerable residents of Carmarthenshire as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.

We are particularly appealing for people who have worked within the care sector previously who would consider returning to work during these unprecedented times.

If you have ever worked as a domiciliary care worker or in a residential care home, we are urging you to please get in touch.

Staff are needed throughout Carmarthenshire, you must be 18-years-old, can start immediately and able to work up to 16 hours a week.

Experience is desirable but not essential, so if you do not have any experience in the care industry, but want to help, then we can quickly provide the relevant training.

Executive Board Member for Health and Social Care Cllr Jane Tremlett said: “Now more than ever, people are needed to provide care and support to those who are vulnerable in our communities.

“If you have any experience or even no experience but this is a job you would like to do and are in a position to apply, I would urge you to please contact us.

“Working in domiciliary care is extremely rewarding; you really are making a difference to people’s lives, particularly during this uncertain time. So please help us and help your community too.”

The council offers good rates of pay and flexible hours. Full and part-time, permanent and temporary contracts are available.

We want to make the application process as easy as possible, so only the mandatory fields on the application form will need to be completed along with a brief statement about any care you have provided. If you have not provided care in a work setting you can instead state what you think would make you a good carer.

Applicants will be contacted by telephone following their application.

Continue Reading

News

Police appeal following Carmarthen burglary allegation

Published

on

“Dyfed-Powys Police is investigating an allegation of burglary which occurred in a property In Guildhall Square, Carmarthen at approximately 10.55am on Friday, 28th February 2020.

A quantity of cash was stolen from the property

Officers have carried out all possible lines of enquiry, and are now appealing for help from the public. They would like to identify the man in the CCTV image, who may have information that could help the investigation.

Anyone who knows who he is, or if you believe you are pictured, contact Dyfed-Powys Police either online at: http://bit.ly/DPPReportOnline, by email at: contactcentre@dyfed-powys.pnn.police.uk, or by calling 101. If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908.”

Continue Reading

Trending

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK